Cocktails are great to look at, delicious and provide a sense of indulgence. The great news is that those who wish to avoid consuming alcohol can still create and enjoy these fancy beverages — in the form of ‘mocktails!’
Mocktail recipe #1: Classic Shirley Temple
A longtime favorite of kids and adults alike — certain to please!
- 1 cup (250 ml) lemon-lime soda
- 2 tablespoons (25 ml) grenadine
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) orange juice
- Orange slice and maraschino cherry
- Fill tall glass with ice.
- Add lemon-lime soda, grenadine and orange juice.
- Stir until combined.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry on a cocktail stick.
Mocktail recipe #2: Non-Alcoholic Fizz
A virgin version of the Madras cocktail, which is very popular on ladies’ night!
Recipe courtesy mybestcocktails.com
- 3 ounces orange juice
- 3 ounces cranberry juice
- 3 ounces club soda
- Shake the orange juice and cranberry juice with ice.
- Pour into a highball glass using a strainer.
- Add ice to the juice, and then add the club soda.
- The Fizz can be garnished with an orange slice and maraschino cherry, or for a more tropical feel, toss in some halved strawberries, pineapple or kiwi chunks!
Mocktail recipe #3: Virgin Mary
This mocktail is a take-off on another very popular cocktail — the bloody Mary!
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- Fill a large wine glass with ice.
- Add tomato juice, then the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir and garnish with a wedge of lime.